6. Sound Native
The sweet moment has arrived and you hold your “baby” in your hands: a perfect script that talks to the hearts and minds of your future learners.
Mission accomplished… or maybe not?
Get your script localized and reach new markets
You might be a global company trying to pass on new information to future employees. Perhaps you’re based in London and you’re designing a new eLearning module for a Norwegian audience.
One way or another, a localized version of your eLearning script will help you make the most out of your labor. More specifically, the word “localized” refers to the adaptation of a script in order to meet both the language and the cultural requirements of a specific target market or audience. It goes without saying that this can only be achieved when you think and talk like a native!
English is considered the lingua franca, a common language used all around the world, however according to recent research only 20% of population speaks English, while the vast majority of this percentage (15%) speaks English as a second language. Thus, creating engaging content in different languages has only advantages to offer:
- Creates a better learning environment
- Increases productivity
- Reduces the danger of misinterpretations
- Enhances employee morale, productivity and efficiency
- Employees feel included and appreciated
- Reduces training cost and time
- Improves learning experience as it becomes more relaxing and easy to follow
However, no need to get stressed if the term is new to you. You don’t need to translate and voice your script yourself! Translation and voice-over agencies can help you localize a project across markets. You can find out more about how VoiceArchive provides both here.
Vital things to look for when localizing eLearning projects:
- A dedicated project manager to take over your case
- Use authentic, native language that will have the most impact on your audience
- Focus on a script that matches the length of the target language
- Specialized voice talent pool
- MemoryBank for easy pronunciation storage
- Custom auditions and extended voice persona castings
- Production test
For more information on details and pricing check: VoiceArchive